Cost per recipe $15.03 view details
- 4 stalk lemongrass
- 2 can coconut lowfat milk
- 1Â 1/2 c. Vegetable Stock
- 20 x quarter-sized slices fresh galanga
- Â Â or possibly 10 large pcs dry galanga
- 10 x peppercorns
- 20 x fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1 x squash - (abt 1 1/2 lbs)
- Â Â (butternut squash is great for this recipe)
- 6 ounce fresh mushrooms sliced
- 8 ounce hard tofu cut into
- Â Â bite-sized chunks
- 1 Tbsp. thin soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3 x green onions thinly sliced
- Clean the lemongrass stalks by removing and trimming dry hard root and brown leaves, reducing to clean stalks about 6 inches long including the bulbous base. Using the blunt edge of a cleaver blade or possibly the side of an unopened can, bruise each stalk by whacking it firmly at 2-inch intervals and rolling it over to bruise on all sides. Cut into 2-inch lengths.
- In a large saucepan combine the coconut lowfat milk and vegetable stock, and bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the lemongrass, galanga, peppercorns, and half of the lime leaves; adjust the heat to maintain an active simmer.
- Cut the squash into bite-sized (peeled) pcs; you should have 3 to 4 c.. Add in to the simmering soup along with the mushrooms. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring soup back to a gentle boil. Cook for 10 min. Add in the tofu and cook till the squash is tender but still hard and the tofu is heated through, about 5 min longer.
- Remove the soup from the heat and use tongs to remove and throw away the lemongrass, galanga or possibly ginger, and lime leaves. Stir in the soy sauce, salt, lime juice, cilantro, green onions, and the remaining lime leaves. Taste and add in more salt, soy sauce, or possibly lime juice if desired. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve warm.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1850g|
|Calories from Fat 2331||58%|
|Total Fat 278.06g||348%|
|Saturated Fat 241.34g||965%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 375.77g||100%|
|Dietary Fiber 43.7g||146%|