This is adapted from a recipe in Cuisine magazine seven years ago. A less guilt and lower fat alternative to fried or oven roasted wings. They make for fun finger food and can be used on game day as an appetizer while watching the big football game. To make a complete meal add an interesting side dish. The addition of honey and lime to the bottled wing sauce tones down the heat so those with less tolerance can enjoy as well. Serve Taco sytle with the lettuce leaves. Bibb or Boston lettuce works well as it is pliable and holds the filling reasonably well.
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 tsp Worcestshire sauce
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 Cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 Tbs Parsley, minced
- 3/4 Cup Cucumber, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 3/4 Cup Celery thinly sliced on the bias
- 3/4 Cup Jicama, peeled and julienned
- 3/4 Cup Carrots, julienned
- 8 Large Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves cleaned and dried
- Lime wedges-optional
- Dry roasted peanuts roughly chopped-optional
- 1 Lb bonelless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cubed
- 1/4 Cup bottled wing sauce
- 1/4 Fresh Lime juice
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning or more to taste
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Stir together all sauce ingredients; chill until ready for service.
- Prepare vegetables and lettuce; chill until ready for service.
- Whisk wing sauce, honey and lime juice until completely combined. Set aside.
- Saute chicken/Cajun seasoning over medium-high heat in oil. If using breasts do not completely cook as they will become dry. Drain liquid. Add sauce mixture; simmer until almost dry.
- Wraps are ready for service. Assemble Taco style.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 270g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 419||69%|
|Total Fat 46.95g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 11.31g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 15.13g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|