This is a different take on Tabbouleh. Many recipes include Mint with the Parsley. I have included Middle Eastern spices and Feta cheese instead which make for a more substantial salad. After assembly the salad is best if refrigerated for several hours so flavors can meld before service. Parsley is key, so use plenty. I have cut back on the amount of spice I usually include as some may not like as much as I do. The salad keeps well if you have leftovers.
- 2 Cups Bulgur Wheat (small or medium grain)
- 5 Roma Tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1 Large Cucumber, peeled, seeded & diced
- 1 Small Zucchini, diced
- 1/2 Red Pepper, seeded & diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, pressed & minced
- 1 Bunch Scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Large Bunch Parsley, finely minced.
- 4 oz Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 4 oz Olive Oil
- 4 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Zatar
- 1 tsp Aleppo Pepper
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 1 tsp Turkish Seasoning (I use Penzey's)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare Bulgur Wheat according to directions. I usually do this a day ahead, refrigerate and fluff just before assembling the salad.
- Add all remaining ingredients to fluffed Bulgur Wheat and mix until combined.
- Taste for seasonings/spices and acid. Adjust accordingly.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 171g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 157||52%|
|Total Fat 17.84g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 4.18g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.23g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.7g||26%|