Well, the SuperBowl is a couple of weeks away and it is time to start planning all the snacks for the big game. It seems every year someone wants buffalo wings and somebody else wants egg rolls. So this year I am thinking, "Why not combine the two?" That's right, I am talking about Buffalo Chicken Rolls.
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup celery, small diced
- 1/3 cup carrot, small diced
- 3 Tbsp mild buffalo wing sauce
- 3 Tbsp barbecue sauce
- Egg roll wrappers
- 4 to 6 cups peanut oil
- In a medium saucepan, add 4 quarts of water and chicken. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and allow to boil for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove chicken and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to cool.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken and place in a medium-size bowl. Add the celery, carrot, buffalo wing sauce, and barbecue sauce. Mix well.
- On each egg roll wrapper, place 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Roll up the egg roll per package instructions (like an egg roll). Dab the last edge with water to help to help seal.
- To Fry: In a wok or deep skillet, heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat to 350 degrees. Deep fry the rolls, 3 to 4 at a time, until golden brown, turning only once. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- To Bake: You can also bake these in a pre-heated 425 degree oven. Spray the filled egg rolls with cooking spray and then bake for 10-15 minutes (turning half way through) until golden brown and crisp.