Cost per serving $0.35 view details
- 1 cup butter or margarine (melted)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 2 eggs
- 1 semi sweet bakers choclate
- 2 cups plain flour
- optional - nuts, raisins, chocolate chunks, caramel pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate in pan ( do a boiler fill a large pan with water and add another pan on top of that with the butter and chocolate) this is so the chocolate does not burn.
- Cream chocolate mix and sugar together
- After the creaming stage, do switch to a spoon for mixing. Brownies tend to get tough if worked too much.
- Add the vanilla and eggs into mix just until smooth.
- Pour in and flour. Again, mix until smooth and lumps are broken up. But, don't go to wild on the mixing.
- If you want to add extras, just fold those in easily.
- Grease baking pan/s
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in 2 pans size 8 inches by 8 inches. You can use a larger pan like the 9 x 9 and cook for a little longer-25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. If you use a single pan, then the Scratch Brownies are thicker. brownies are done when you can insert a tooth pick or knife through the middle and it comes out clean.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 80g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 143||41%|
|Total Fat 16.28g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 9.98g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 49.36g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|