This is a light, healthy vegetarian meal.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Cost per serving $1.59 view details
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c. diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 c. long-grain brown rice
- 3 3/4 c. chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 4 c. packed trimmed and torn spinach leaves
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan/Romano cheese
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts, toasted in a dry pan
- 1-2 tbsp. slivered sun-dried tomatoes in oil, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 (16-19 oz. each) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat the oil over medium-low heat in a large heavy saucepan. Add onion and garlic and saute, stirring often until golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in rice and stir constantly, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and bring to a simmer. Cook, tightly covered, until the rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Add the beans, spinach and grated cheese, folding together just until blended. The mixture should be creamy. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until the spinach is just wilted but still bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Serve at once, sprinkled with pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 349g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 102||25%|
|Total Fat 11.78g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3.02g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 61.19g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|