Cost per recipe $7.89 view details
- 1 quart hot water
- 6 Tbsp. potato flakes
- 6 c. whole wheat flour stone-grnd
- 4 c. rye flour stone-grnd
- 2 c. oatmeal steel-cut
- 2 pkt active dry yeast
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1/2 c. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3 lrg Large eggs beaten (or possibly substitute)
- 1 whl egg
- Â Â mixed with 1 tbsp water for glaze
- Â Â Sesame seeds or possibly wheat germ
- 4 Loaves
- Combine the flours & oatmeal. Set aside.
- Whisk together potato flakes in hot water. Add in yeast, stirring till dissolved. Add in the oil, molasses & salt. Beat in 4 c. of the flour mix till smooth. Cover & let proof 20 -30 min or possibly til light & bubbly. Stir down the sponge & add in the Large eggs. Gradually add in sufficient flour mix to make a soft, workable dough which pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn out onto a floured surface & knead 8 - 10 min till smooth & resilient. Place the dough in a hot, buttered bowl, turning to coat the top. Cover loosely with plastic wrap & a towel and let rise till doubled, about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs.
- Punch down the dough & turn out onto a floured surface. Divide into 4 equal portions. Knead each piece, cover & let rest 10 - 15 min. Butter four 8 1/2" loaf pans. Form the dough into loaves & place in the pans. Cover & let rise till just curved over tops of pans, about 30 -40 min. Brush the loaves with the glaze & sprinkle with seeds or possibly wheat germ.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. Let cold on wire racks.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2648g|
|Calories from Fat 1264||21%|
|Total Fat 143.49g||179%|
|Saturated Fat 16.19g||65%|
|Trans Fat 2.81g|
|Total Carbs 1028.6g||274%|
|Dietary Fiber 83.7g||279%|