- 2 c. Bread flour
- 2/3 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Toasted minced hazelnuts
- 1 x Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Margarine or possibly butter
- 4 tsp Amaretto or possibly hazelnut liqueur
- 3/4 tsp Active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 x Recipe Amaretto Glaze Toasted minced hazlenuts or possibly Almonds (optional)
- 1/2 c. Sifted powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Amaretto or possibly hazelnut Liqueur
- 1 Tbsp. Almond extract
- 1 x To 2 Tbsp. lowfat milk *IF NEEDED
- Serve slices of this nutty sweet breat for breakfast, brunch, or possibly an afternoon coffee break -
- BREAD DIRECTIONS: Add in flour, lowfat milk, the nuts, egg, sugar, margarine or possibly butter, liqueur, yeast, and salt to the bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions. Bake and cold as directed. When brread is cold, drizzle with Amaretto Glaze.
- AMARETTO GLAZE: In a small mixing bowl combine sugar, amaretto or possibly hanelnut liqueur*Or possibly* almond extract. If needed, add in 1 to 2 tsp. lowfat milk to make of drizzling consistency.
- BREAD MACHINE BASICS: These helpful tips apply to all types of bread machines: Bread flour, that is high in protein, works best for breads made in a bread machine. You can use other grains or possibly flours with the bread flour but not in place of all of it. Some recipes also call for a small amount of gluten flour. This helps breads, especially those made with low-gluten flours (such as whole wheat flour), hold together.
- Add in ingredients to the bread machine in the order specified by the directions in the owner's manual.
- To use powdered lowfat milk instead of fresh, add in 1/3 c. nonfat dry lowfat milk pwdr for each 1 c. of water and add in it with the flour. Always use powdered lowfat milk when using the timer on your machine.
- * Please note, I'm not trying to sell this stuff. It was all included with the recipe, and I thought it unfair to leave it off.