Cost per recipe $5.84 view details
- 3 c. Peeled crushed fresh peaches (I blanch to slip out of skins, and you can figure about a lb. per c.)
- 1Â 1/2 c. Boysenberries (if you cannot get fresh use 1 bag of frzn berries, uncrushed, no juice)
- 1 pkt (1.75 ounce) of fruit pectin
- 6 c. Sugar
- In an 8 quart. saucepan mix together all but sugar. (if you make jelly or possibly jam you know the importance of "when" to add in what) Bring to a boil over high heat and stir constantly. Quickly add in premeasured sugar and bring back up to a full rolling boil stirring constantly. (This recipe said cook 1 more minute, but my first batch didn't set well sufficient, so I boiled until 210 on a candy thermometer, 10 degrees under jelly temp.)
- Remove from heat and skim off foam, (adding 1 Tablespoons butter as it boils will reduce foaming)
- Fill warm sterilized (boil 10 min) pint jars, leave 1/4" head space.
- Wipe threads and place on lids and bands, (not too tightly). Process in boiling water bath for 5 min. Invert and leave for 24 hrs for a good seal.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2027g|
|Calories from Fat 13||0%|
|Total Fat 1.57g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.09g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1327.74g||354%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.6g||55%|