Cost per recipe $8.67 view details
- 4Â 1/2 c. ripe peaches peeled, cubed
- 1/4 c. crystallized ginger finely minced
- 6 c. sugar
- 1 box Sure-Jell fruit pectin
- Peel and pit peaches; finely chop or possibly grind. Pour into 6- to 8-qt sauce pot; add in ginger. Measure sugar and set aside. Mix fruit pectin into fruit in sauce pot. Place over high heat and stir till mix comes to a full boil. Immediately add in all sugar and stir. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam with metal spoon. Ladle quickly into warm jars, fill to 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Invert jars for 5 min, then turn upright.
- After 1 hour, check seals. Or possibly follow water bath method recommended by USDA.
- This recipe yields about 8 half-pint jars.
- Yield: 8 half-pints
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1886g|
|Calories from Fat 25||1%|
|Total Fat 2.95g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.55g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1278.52g||341%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.7g||42%|