Cost per serving $7.57 view details
- 9 1/2 lb Pork loin, center cut and tenderloin end or possibly 6 pound boneless loin
- 1 tsp Chopped fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 tsp Each minced fresh thyme and chevril or possibly 1 teaspoon each dry
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly grnd pepper
- 1 1/2 c. Finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard Minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 c. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Horseradish
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- To bone the loin, start by removing the whole tenderloin along the inside. Next, with sharp pointed knife, carefully cut around ribs and back bones, working slowly and always slanting blade toward bones.
- Because the loin widens considerably at the tenderloin end, trim out lean meat from the inside so which the whole boned loin is the same thickness along and is about 15 inches long and 5 inches wide. Save bones, tenderloin and trimmings for other meals.
- Mash together garlic, fennel, thyme, chevril, salt and pepper. Place loin fat-side down and rub herb mix all over lean meat. Spread thick even layer of minced parsley over loin, and roll up firmly lengthwise. Tie neatly and securely at 1 inch intervals. Set seam-side up on rack in large roasting pan. Brush mustard over roast and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature for flavors to permeate meat.
- Roast at 325 F allowing about 20 to 25 min per lb. or possibly till internal temperature registers 170 F. Turn roast seam-side down after 1 hour of roasting. Cold completely, wrap and refrigerate4 to 24 hrs.
- Remove strings from loin and set on long wooden board. Slice thinly to reveal colorful stuffing, and garnish with generous amount of parsley. Serve with Horseradish Mustard Mayonnaise.
- Makes 10servings with leftovers for the next day.
- (HORSERADISH MUSTARD MAYONNAISE): Combine all ingredients; cover and let stand a few hrs in the refrigerator to mellow.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 394g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 258||42%|
|Total Fat 28.86g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 6.44g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 1.37g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|