I buried my thoughts with these sweet BLUEBERRIES and made a wish. As soon as I witnessed the muffins rising and sensing the aromas in my home...I got that warm and fuzzy feeling of baking euphoria!
For a detailed post...refer to:
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- . 2 cups (500ml) fresh Blueberries [reserve 1 cup (250ml) for the jam part]
- . 1-1/4 cup (275g) sugar [reserve 1/8 cup (25gr) for the jam part]
- . 2 xLarge eggs
- . 2 cups (260g) sweet white Sorghum flour
- . 1/2 cup (65g) Tapioca flour
- . 1 tbsp. (15ml) baking powder GF
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) sea salt
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) unsalted butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- . 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- . 1 tbsp. (15ml) pure vanilla extract
- . 2 tbsp. (30ml) grated fresh Ginger (optional)
- . 1 orange or lemon finely zested
- . 1/2 cup (120g) candied ginger (finely chopped)
- . garnish sprinkle: organic sugar
- . Pre-heat oven to 400F/200C/Gas 6...and position the oven rack on the 2nd level from the bottom.
- . JAM making: This will take about 10 minutes. In a small saucepan place half the amount of blueberries with the sugar and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and stir every so often until the berries and sugar have reduced, thickened and concentrated the berry flavour as the water evaporates. Take it off the heat and let it cool while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- . Prepare the muffin tin with the paper liners and keep the generous oil spraying step for right before the batter is poured at the end. Set aside.
- . In a large bowl add and whisk together the flours, baking powder, salt and candied ginger...set aside.
- . In a small bowl...pour the buttermilk, oil, vanilla, citrus zest, grated ginger and cooled butter. Give it a quick stir. Set aside.
- . In another medium bowl...whisk the eggs and sugar until a lightly colored and fluffy consistency appears.
- . ASSEMBLY: Now, that all the components are ready...start putting everything together in this manner: Pour the EGG mixture into the MILK mix...give it a good whisk. Now, take this mixture and pour it into the FLOUR mix...give it a light fold with a spatula without over mixing!
- . Spray generously the oil onto the bottoms of every paper liner. Now, spoon the batter 1/2 of the way into the muffin tins. Spread most ofthe remaining blueberries equally throughout and also push some berries down a little. Spoon in the rest of the batter. To finish off the tops...spoon the jam and slightly swirl into the batter. Add some more fresh blueberries for garnish if you wish. Add a liberal sprinkle of granular organic sugar to finish the tops.
- . BAKE for 18 minutes. Once out of the oven...wait no longer than 2 minutes before pulling them out with a tong and onto a cooling rack. This last important step will ensure that the muffins stop baking in order to give you moist gluten-free blueberry ginger muffins.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia at...FOODESSA.com