Cost per serving $2.68 view details
- 3 c. Salsa De Chile Colorado see * Note
- 12 x Blue corn tortillas
- Â Â Vegetable oil
- 2 c. Diced, cooked chicken
- 2 c. Grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 c. Pine nuts toasted
- Â Â Cilantro finely diced
- 1/2 x Red onion diced
- 12 x Limes cut into wedges
- Make the Salsa De Chile Colorado. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-size skillet, over a medium heat, fry each tortilla in a little of the oil till just cooked, but not crisp. Dip each tortilla, as you build the stacks, quickly into the Salsa De Chile Colorado, just to moisten.
- In an ovenproof baking dish large sufficient to hold 4 of the blue corn tortillas, side by side without touching, place the first 4 tortillas. Top each tortilla with 1/4 c. of the cooked chicken. Top the chicken with 1/4 c. of the grated cheese. Sprinkle the cheese with 1 tsp. of the pine nuts and 1 tsp. of the cilantro. Repeat layering 4 tortillas, 1/4 c. chicken, 1/4 c. cheese, 1 tsp. pine nuts, and 1 tsp. cilantro and finally top with the last 4 tortillas. You should have 4 stacks.
- Pour the remaining Salsa De Chile Colorado over all the stacks.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 min. Transfer each stack to a plate, garnish with the red onion and the lime wedges, and serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 334g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 341||65%|
|Total Fat 38.46g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 14.91g||60%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.07g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||18%|