Cost per serving $0.48 view details
- 1/2 c. carrot, minced
- 1/2 c. celery, minced
- 1/2 c. onion, minced
- 1/4 c. (or possibly less) cilantro, chopped
- 3 cans black beans (low sodium preferred)
- 2 cans Rotel (one original and one extra spicy)
- 1 can Mexi-corn (regular corn will do)
- 2 Tbsp. veg. oil
- 2 fresh medium banana peppers, minced (optional)
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 healthy pinch garlic salt (optional)
- flour/corn tortillas
- Chop vegetables into bite-size pcs. Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add in all vegetables and seasonings to the Dutch oven, except cilantro.
- Cook over medium heat till tender. Add in all other ingredients. Bring to a boil and then simmer covered for 20 min or possibly more; stirring occasionally.
- Serve with flame-warmed tortillas for a perfectly authentic Mexican flavor.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 117g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 32||9%|
|Total Fat 3.68g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.53g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 59.33g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.5g||48%|