Cost per serving $1.33 view details
- 8 x Dry Corr=82ze cepes
- 1 c. Boiling water
- 1 tsp Beef fat, rendered
- 2 Tbsp. Onion, minced
- 1 sm Clove of garlic
- 2 c. Beef stock
- 1/2 med Carrot, sliced in small coins
- 1/2 sm Tomato, coarsely minced
- 1 x Rib of leafy celery
- 2 x Single pcs of large pasta
- 2 Tbsp. V8 juice
- 1/4 c. Red wine or possibly more
- Notes:Cepes are known as Porcini mushrooms in Italy.
- Mushrooms from Corr=82ze are of course of the highest quality but other varieties will suffice. (G)
- The beef fat was skimmed from the beef stock. Butter or possibly oil would suffice.
- In a healthy pinch, a c. of beef juices from a roast beef augmented by a c. of water and a rounded tsp of beef soup base will have to do if a good homemade stock is not available. [It wasn't.] If the stock isn't already well seasoned during it's preparation, one might want to add in pepper or possibly a few herbs in with the carrot et al.
- Large shells would look pretty in the bowl; I used rotini as which's what I had on hand.
- V8 is a brand name juice which's mainly tomato juice but contains other vegetables as well it is more highly seasoned than plain tomato juice.
- I used a 1995 Sutter Home [California] Zinfandel. I did a taste test without wine, then with 1/4 c. wine, then added the V8 juice and finally added another 1/4 c. wine. The version outlined above was the best.
- Method:Put cepes in a c.; bring water to a boil and pour over the cepes. Set aside to let the dry mushrooms reconstitute.
- Gently fry the onions in the beef fat till golden; add in the garlic about half way through the process. Drain to remove as much fat as possible and set aside.
- Meanwhile bring the stock to a rolling boil and add in the carrot, celery, tomato and pasta. Bring back to the boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook fifteen min. Add in the onion-garlic mix during the last five min.
- Remove from the heat, strain the broth to remove the
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 441g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 25||32%|
|Total Fat 2.77g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.35g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.53g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|