Cost per serving $0.74 view details
- 14-1/2 ounce Whole Grain Penne Pasta
- 15 ounces Fat-Free Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 4 cups Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 3-1/2 cups Low Sodium Spaghetti Sauce
- Olive Oil Spray
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, egg whites and 3 cups of the mozzarella cheese. Mix well. Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper and red flakes. Stir in the pasta until combined.
- Spread 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the dish. Add half the pasta. Top the pasta with another cup of sauce. Layer the remaining pasta over the sauce. Spoon the remaining 1 1/2 cups of the sauce over the pasta, then sprinkle the remaining cheeses on the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 282g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 189||34%|
|Total Fat 21.03g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 10.81g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 58.34g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|