Cost per serving $0.83 view details
- Â Â Hot Red Chile Gravy (In Cookbook)
- 5 x boiled red potatoes (5 to 6) boiled al dente
- 2 Tbsp. oil (2 to 3)
- 1Â 1/2 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 x green onions chopped
- 1/2 c. lowfat sour cream (1/2 to 3/4)
- 4 x fried Large eggs
- When potatoes are cold sufficient to handle, chop or possibly slice in irregular pcs. Fry in the oil till golden. Takes 15-20 min.
- Hot red chili gravy, while potatoes cook. When potatoes are almost ready, fry Large eggs one at a time. To assemble: put fried potatoes in 4 soup bowls, drench with 1/3 - 1/2 c. red chile gravy, sprinkle with grated cheese, green onions and a heaping Tbsp. of lowfat sour cream. Top with fried egg.
- We got this recipe out of the San Francisco Chronicle. It's now a family favorite (except for Betsey) - Jamie
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 303g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 271||56%|
|Total Fat 30.4g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 13.48g||54%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 34.22g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|