Cost per serving $2.27 view details
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can diced peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- 1 lb. Ziti pasta, cooked
- 1 10 ounce bag baby spinach
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- 1. Heat a heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2. Add sausage, onion and garlic and sautÃ© until sausage is cooked through, breaking up meat as it cooks.
- 3. Add the tomatoes with its juices.
- 4. Simmer until sauce slightly thickens, stirring occasionally, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5. Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 6. Stir in the pesto to the sauce.
- 7. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8. Lightly oil a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 9. In a large bowl, combine pasta, spinach, mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan and stir in tomato sauce to bowl.
- 10. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- 11. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan over the top.
- 12. Bake about 30 to 40 minutes or until it is bubbly and the cheese has melted.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 275g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 336||46%|
|Total Fat 37.49g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 14.05g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 62.96g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|