Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 50 gm butter
- 2 clv garlic peeled and sliced
- 10 x salted anchovies washed and dry
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves finely minced
- 1 x 800g tin peeled plum tomatoes
- 150 ml double cream
- 120 gm parmesan freshly grated
- 250 gm penne rigatoni or possibly conchiglie
- Â Â sea salt
- Heat the oil and butter together in a large pan and fry the garlic gently till light brown.
- Add in the anchovies and rosemary and then mash them into the oil almost to a paste.
- The anchovies don't need to cook they just heat; this only takes a few seconds.
- Add in the tomatoes to the paste and stir to break them up.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer till the liquid has evapourated and the tomatoes have become a sauce about 30-45 min.
- Finally add in the cream and bring to the boil stirring then add in most of the parmesan.
- Cook the pasta in a generous amount of boiling salted water then drain thoroughly.
- Stir into the sauce and serve with the remaining Parmesan.
- You must use salted anchovies from Greek Spanish and italian delicatessens. Small tins of anchovies soaked in oil are not suitable.
- Serves 6
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 60g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 189||81%|
|Total Fat 21.49g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 11.31g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.57g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|