- 2 1/2 lb chicken, wings
- 1 pc sauce, teriyaki, orange, (recipe follows) Teriyaki Orange Sauce
- 1/3 cup. sauce, teriyaki, (recipe follows)
- 2 Tbsp. juice, orange, concentrate, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, root, chopped
- 2 tsp orange, rind, grated
- 2 pcs garlic, cloves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pch pepper
- 2 pcs onion, green, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 C (200 C)
- Cut off wing tips at first joint; throw away.
- Separate wings at remaining joint; trim excess skin.
- In resealable bag, mix chicken with sauce to coat and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hrs.
- Place wings on rack on foil-lined baking sheet, reserving sauce.
- Bake in oven, turning once, for 20 min.
- Brush with remaining sauce; bake, turning once, for about 20 min or possibly till juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
- Broil for about 1 minute per side till browned.
- Teriyaki Orange Sauce:In large bowl, combine Teriyaki sauce, orange juice concentrate, ginger, orange rind, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Teriyaki Sauce:In a saucepan, stir 3/4 c. (175 mL) chicken or possibly vegetable stock; 1/2 c. (125 mL) soy sauce; 1/3 c. (75 mL) mirin; 2 Tbsp. (25 mL) sugar; and 3 slices gingerroot.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 20 min or possibly till reduced by about half.
- Whisk 2 Tbsp. (25 mL) cool water with 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) cornstarch; add in to pan and cook; stirring, for about 2 min or possibly till thick sufficient to coat back of spoon.
- Throw away ginger.
- Let cold.
- Yield: 1 c.