Cost per recipe $9.26 view details
- 3 lrg Aubergines
- 2 x Cloves garlic, or possibly to taste (up to 4)
- Â Â Salt
- 1/4 pt Tahina paste or possibly less, depending on the size of the aubergines
- 3 x Lemons, or possibly more to taste, juice of
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cumin (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Finely minced parsley
- Â Â A few black olives -or possibly-
- 1 x Tomato, thinly sliced, to garnish
- This rich cream is a combination of 2 strong flavours: the smoky one of aubergines prepared as below, and the strong taste of tahina sharpened by lemon and garlic. It is exciting and vulgarly seductive. The ingredients are added almost entirely to taste, the harmony of flavours depending largely on the size and flavour the aubergines used. The quantities below give a fairly large amount, sufficient to be served as a dip at a party.
- Cook the aubergines over charcoal or possibly under a gas flame or possibly electricgrill till the skin blackens and blisters. Peel and wash the aubergines, and squeeze out as much of the bitter juice as possible. Crush the garlic cloves with salt. Mash the aubergines with a potato masher or possibly a fork, then add in the crushed garlic and little more salt, and lb. to a smooth, creamy puree.
- Add in the tahina paste and lemon juice alternately, beating well or possibly blending for a few seconds between each addition. Taste and add in more salt, lemon juice, garlic or possibly tahina if you think it is necessary, and if desired, a little cumin.
- Pour the cream into a bowl or possibly a few smaller serving dishes. Garnish with finely minced parsley and black olives, oe with Arab or possibly other bread
- (pita), as a salad, or possibly as a party dip.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2354g|
|Calories from Fat 41||7%|
|Total Fat 4.88g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.74g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 137.0g||37%|
|Dietary Fiber 76.5g||255%|