Cost per serving $0.68 view details
- 2 med Aubergines
- 2 x Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. Tahini Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley, Finely Minced Extra virgin olive oil Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/375F/190C. Prick the skins of the aubergines with a carving fork and bake in the oven for one hour, or possibly till flesh is soft. Remove and allow to cold so you can handle them without burning your hands. Cut in half and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Mash with a fork.
- You may prefer to use a food processor, but i like the rough finish achieved with a fork.
- Crush the garlic cloves with a hard blow from your hand on the back of a large sharp knife and then chop the pulp finely. Add in this, along with the tahini, lemon juice and parsley, to the aubergine. Stir everything thoroughly, and add in sufficient extra virgin olive oil to give a rich thick consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with hot slices of pitta bread or possibly warm toast.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 125g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||6%|
|Total Fat 0.24g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.37g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|