Cost per serving $0.63 view details
- 2 lb Eggplant (2 medium or possibly 1 lg whole and unpeeled
- 1/4 c. Tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/4 c. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 lrg Clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 c. Finely chopped onion
- Salt, if you like, to taste
- Freshly grnd black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Oil,preferably olive (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh parsley
- Note, to make your own Tahini combine in a blender:
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1/4 c. Finely grnd (in a blender or possibly with mortar and pestle) sesame seeds
- 1. Prick the eggplant in several places with a fork, place it on a baking sheet , and broil in a preheated broiler for about 20 min, turning the vegetable several times so which the skin chars on all sides. Let the eggplant cold.
- 2. When the eggplant is cold sufficient to handle, cut it in half and scrape out the flesh into a bowl, throw away the skin, and mash the eggplant with the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Cover the mix and chill it.
- 3. Before serving, sprinkle the spread with the oil, if you like, and chopped parsley, and serve it with pita, fresh or possibly toasted, or possibly as a dip for fresh vegetables.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 118g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||60%|
|Total Fat 6.2g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.74g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.05g|
|Total Carbs 8.02g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.0g||13%|