Delicious, creamy (with no milk or cream!), and healthy. Makes a great side dish, or top with grilled chicken for a complete meal. Pairs well with grilled chicken, grilled or baked pork chops, baked or sauteed fish, or boiled shrimp.
- 16 oz pasta (angel hair or thin spaghetti works best / can use penne or bow-tie if desired / smaller macaroni or elbow pasta does not work well for this dish)
- 2 large avocados
- 1 large tomato, diced
- juice from one medium lemon or lime
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup water from cooking.
- Dice avocados in a large bowl.
- Add lemon or lime juice, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Mash with a fork.
- Stir in 1/4 cup reserved pasta water and mix thoroughly.
- Toss in cooked pasta.
- Add additional water 1 tbsp at a time if needed to thin sauce.
- Gently toss in tomato, almonds, and olives
- Top individual servings with grated Parmesan cheese and/or green onions (chives) if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 172g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 78||20%|
|Total Fat 8.78g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.28g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 65.6g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||17%|