Cost per recipe $2.14 view details
- 9 ounce water
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1Â 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 ounce Asiago cheese finely shredded, (1 C lightly packed)
- 1 ounce Parmesan Cheese shred, or possibly Romano, (generous 1/3 C)
- 1/2 Tbsp. Caraway Seeds (optional)
- 1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
- 2Â 3/4 c. flour">bread flour or possibly unbleached flour
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine in order listed, or possibly in the order recommended for your machine. (I usually toss the grated cheese with the cornmeal before adding it to the pan, to decrease clumping.) Set controls for Basic bread with medium crust and start machine.
- Makes one 1.5-lb. loaf.
- NOTE: This bread makes wonderful garlic toast. After cutting it, spray very lightly with extra virgin olive oil from your EcoPump, then sprinkle generously with granulated garlic pwdr. Toast in oven till as brown as you like it.
- (The rainforest-friendly EcoPump is a spray bottle which you fill half-way with oil, then pump in air using the special top-like a bicycle pump-so you get the benefits of a fine aerosol mist without any chemicals.
- If you cannot find one where you live, contact California Extra virgin olive oil Corp., I'm not related to this company in any way-but I have three EcoPumps and use them every day.)
- Bonnie Briscoe
- NOTES : Here is an updated version of the Asiago Cheese Bread I posted to this list several months ago. The original version had an egg but no oil; I like the flavor of this version better. I have also recently tried replacing 1 c. of the bread flour with Gold-n-White flour, that has all the wheat germ of whole wheat flour but not the bran. (I added 1 Tbsp. of gluten flour along with the Gold-n-White.) This flour added another layer of flavor to the bread that I liked very much.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 802g|
|Calories from Fat 393||19%|
|Total Fat 44.95g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 11.13g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 353.03g||94%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.9g||46%|