Cost per recipe $6.40 view details
- 1 C. chicken broth or water
- 4 oz. dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 2 16-oz. cartons dairy sour cream
- 1 1/2 C. finely shredded Asiago cheese (6 oz.)
- 1 1/4 C. mayonnaise
- 1/2 of an 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, cut up
- 1 C. sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 oz. rehydrated dried mushrooms (such as porcini, shiitake, chanterelle, and/or oyster)
- 1 C. thinly sliced green onions
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Baguette-style French bread slices, topped with finely shredded Asiago cheese and toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to boiling. Remove from heat. Add dried tomatoes; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, discarding liquid. Chop tomatoes (you should have about 1 1/4 cups).
- Meanwhile, in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine sour cream, the 1 1/2 C. Asiago cheese, the mayonnaise, cream cheese, mushrooms, and the 1 C. green onions. Stir in chopped tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Stir well before serving. If desired, keep warm in the slow cooker on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Sprinkle dip with additional green onions and serve with toasted cheese-topped baguette slices. Makes 7 cups.
- Test Kitchen Tip: To rehydrate dried mushrooms, place the dried mushrooms in a small bowl. Add enough boiling water to cover; let stand for 30 minutes. Drain mushrooms, squeezing out any excess liquid. Coarsely chop mushrooms.
- Nutrition Facts per 1/4 cup dip: 196 cal., 19 g total fat (8 g sat. fat), 29 mg chol., 269 mg sodium, 4 g carb., 1 g dietary fiber, 4 g protein.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 816g|
|Calories from Fat 2062||96%|
|Total Fat 233.31g||292%|
|Saturated Fat 32.37g||129%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.22g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|