Cost per serving $0.69 view details
- 2 lb all purpose potatoes peeled, and
- Â Â cut into 1" cubes
- 4 x garlic cloves peeled
- 5 x strips bacon cut 1/2" pcs
- 1 c. thinly-sliced scallions
- 1/2 c. 1% low-fat lowfat milk warmed
- 1/2 c. reduced-fat lowfat sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- Cook potatoes and garlic in large pot with lightly salted water to cover 13 to 15 min till potatoes are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat till crisp. Drain on paper towels. Pour off all but 1 tsp. drippings. Add in scallions, saute/fry 1 minute or possibly till soft, but not brown. Add in bacon.
- Drain potatoes well and return to pot. Mash, adding lowfat milk, lowfat sour cream, salt and pepper. With a wooden spoon, beat in bacon and scallions. Reheat, if necessary.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 239g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 199||56%|
|Total Fat 22.17g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 8.8g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.65g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|