Cost per serving $0.81 view details
- 1 x lemon
- 25 gm fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 x level tbsp caster sugar
- 700 gm cooking apples
- 6 sht filo pastry about 50g
- 25 gm low fat spread
- 75 gm butter
- 150 gm light brown (muscovado) sugar
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 75 ml halt fat double cream
- icing sugar to dust
- Grate the rend and squeeze the juice of the lemon.
- Mix the rind with the breadcrumbs and 1 level tbsp of the caster sugar.
- Peel quarter and thickly slice the apples. Dnzzle with a little lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
- Mix the apple with the breadcrumb mix Lay three pcs of filo pastry side by side on a dean tea towel overlapping the longest edges by 50mm.
- Brush with a little melted low fat spread.
- Place three remaining sheets of filo on top and brush again.
- Place the apple mix on the filo pastry. Using the tea towel to help roll the flo from the longest edge to create a thick roll.
- Roll it on to a non stick baking sheet seamside down curling it slightly if necessary to fit the sheet.
- Brush with the remaining lowfat spread and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake on the grid shelf on the floor of the roasting oven for 10 to 12 min then transfer to the simmering oven for 30 min till the pastry is golden and apples are soft.
- If necessary cover the pastry loosely with foil to prevent it becoming too brown
- Bake in the middle of the bakingoven for 40 min till the pastry is golden and the apples are soft.
- Meanwhile make the maple fudge sauce: heat the butter in a small heavy based pan then add in the sugar and maple syrup and cook on the simmering plate till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Stir in the cream and bring to the boil.
- Allow the sauce to cold slightly before serving with slices of strudel dusted with icing sugar.
- A delicious pudding with a wicked sauce but surprisingly low in calories.
- Serves 6
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 139g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 96||50%|
|Total Fat 11.36g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6.65g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.03g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|