Cost per recipe $5.55 view details
- 8 med Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 c. Raisins
- 2 Tbsp. Honey Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
- 6 sht phyllo dough, partly thawed & covered with a damp, clean towel Vegetable oil spray, (PAM)
- 2 c. Apple cider
- 4 tsp Arrowroot or possibly cornstarch Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
- STRUDEL: Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix sliced apples and raisins with sweetener (I used 2 Tbs. frzn apple juice concentrate); sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Lay 1 sheet of phyllo on a greased cookie sheet. Spray phyllo with vegetable oil or possibly a mist of water. Lay another sheet of phyllo on top of the first one, spray with oil or possibly water and place a third sheet on top.
- Place half of apple mix on phyllo and roll up lengthwise, turning in the ends to enclose filling. Cut 3/4 of the way through the roll to make 7 servings. Repeat procedure with the other 3 sheets of phyllo and the remaining apple mix. Bake 15 to 20 min, till lightly browned.
- SAUCE: Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Whisk thoroughly. Heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- TO SERVE: Separate strudel slices with a sharp knife. Top with hot sauce.
- Note: I did not slice strudel - and baked it about 35 min. Next time I would chop apples instead of slicing thinly.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1907g|
|Calories from Fat 37||3%|
|Total Fat 4.33g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.71g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 311.54g||83%|
|Dietary Fiber 35.9g||120%|