I haven’t found a quicker apple crisp recipe that tastes as good (or better) than oven-baked. Simple prep and fast cooking make this a perfect dessert when you’re short on time. Plus you can make it year round as the microwave won't heat up the kitchen. I have often made this with whole wheat flour and Splenda Brown Sugar Blend.
- 5 to 6 cups cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced in wedges
- Â½ cup rolled oats
- Â¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Â½ cup brown sugar
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Â¼ cup butter
- Whipped cream topping or ice cream (optional)
- Lightly spray an 10" x 10" square microwave-safe baking dish (see photo 2 or use similar size); place apples in dish.
- In medium size mixing bowl, stir together oats, flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives crisscross until crumbly and butter is well dispersed.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over apples.
- Cook on HIGH uncovered in microwave for 15 minutes.
- Notes: You may need to adjust timing - my microwave is 1250 watts. If microwave has no turntable, rotate baking dish a quarter turn every two minutes.
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled (with optional toppings.)
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 115g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 55||27%|
|Total Fat 6.34g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.74g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 36.84g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|