Flavor times 110. This recipe complements my Thai Grilled Chicken
recipe below. Lemongrass and coconut milk really makes this pasta POP! Great as a main dish or a spectacular side dish! You will want to make this pasta often, so let's get started.....
- 1 lb. penne rigate
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped on bias (white parts with about 1 inch green part)
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 15 oz. coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. sambal oelek
- 2 tsp. Gourmet Blends lemongrass
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- In a medium saucepot bring salted water up to a boil. Add pasta and cook until almost al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan over medium high heat, melt butter and add olive oil. Once butter is forming small bubbles, add onions and garlic. Cook for several minutes until fragrant and add coconut milk. Bring up to a boil. Add fish sauce, sambal oelek, lemongrass and anchovy paste and stir to blend.
- Add pasta and bring back to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for about 3 minutes and turn off heat. This will allow the pasta to absorb the cooking liquid finish cooking. All liquid will be absorbed! Stir occasionally to coat all pasta evenly. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 73g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 161||91%|
|Total Fat 18.81g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 13.94g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.65g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|