Cost per serving $1.51 view details
- 1 pkt frzn raspberries in syrup - (10 ounce) thawed
- 1 c. whole almonds - (4 1/2 ounce) toasted
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 7 lrg egg whites
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange peel
- 1 c. unsalted butter - (2 sticks)
- 2 x half-pint baskets fresh raspberries
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Puree frzn raspberries with their syrup in processor till smooth. (Raspberry sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Finely grind almonds in processor. Transfer almonds to large bowl. Add in sugar, egg whites, flour, orange juice and orange peel and whisk to blend well.
- Heat butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat; cook till butter browns, stirring frequently, about 4 min. Whisk warm browned butter into almond batter till well blended.
- Divide batter equally among six 1 1/4-c. custard c. (batter will fill c. only halfway). Drop 8 raspberries into batter in each c.. Bake clafoutis till golden and set in center, about 40 min. Cold 15 min.
- Serve hot with raspberry sauce and vanilla ice cream, if you like. Garnish clafoutis with any remaining fresh raspberries and serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: "Last summer we spent a week in Paso Robles, California, and had an excellent dinner at Bistro Laurent," say Rusty and Stacey Willi of Santa Rosa, California. "To our delight, dessert - a hot raspberry clafouti topped with vanilla ice cream - turned out to be one of our favorite vacation memories."
- This dessert has a more cake-like texture than a traditional clafouti. The version here is even better topped with ice cream.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 221g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 323||48%|
|Total Fat 36.93g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 20.57g||82%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 80.5g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|