Cost per serving $1.27 view details
- Sugar to taste
- 1/2 c. butter, cut in small pcs
- 4 ounce unsweetened chocolate, coarsely minced
- 1 Tbsp. instant coffee pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. rum or possibly orange liqueur
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 x egg yolks, beaten, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. flour
- 5 x egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 pt rich vanilla ice cream
- 2 Tbsp. rum or possibly orange liqueur
- For The Souffle:Butter a 1 qt souffle dish and sprinkle with sugar.
- Heat the butter and chocolate in a large heavy saucepan over very low heat, stirring till smooth. Dissolve the coffee pwdr in the rum. Add in to the chocolate mix with 1/2 c. of the sugar, egg yolks and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in the flour. May prepare several hrs ahead to this point and set aside, but reheat before proceeding.
- Beat the egg whites in a large mixer bowl till soft peaks form. Add in the remaining 1/2 c. sugar gradually, beating constantly till egg whites are stiff but not dry.
- Fold 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate. Fold the chocolate mix into the remaining egg whites very gently. Spoon the batter into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place the souffle dish on the center oven rack. Bake at 450 degrees for 5 min. Reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Bake for 20 min longer or possibly till puffed. Serve immediately with the sauce.
- For The Sauce:Soften the ice cream in a bowl for 10 min at room temperature or possibly for 30 min in the refrigerator.
- Add in the rum, beating till smooth. Pour into a small bowl and serve immediately with the souffle.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 196g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 392||53%|
|Total Fat 45.18g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 28.24g||113%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 80.84g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||18%|