Cost per serving $5.15 view details
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 3/4 c. virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x onions, chopped
- 4 x ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 6 sprg fresh thyme (or possibly 1/4 tsp. dry)
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh tarragon (or possibly 1 Tbsp. dry) salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 lb skinless flounder fillets
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh chervil
- Combine the garlic and 2 c. water in a small saucepan and boil for 15 min. Drain garlic, cold in ice water and drain again.
- Heat 1/2 c. of the extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add in the onions and tomatoes and saute/fry till golden brown, about 5 min, stirring. Add in garlic, thyme, tarragon and salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 8 min. Throw away the thyme. Puree the mix in a blender or possibly food processor and return to the saucepan.
- Combine the flour and paprika on a flat plate. Salt and pepper the fish fillets and coat them with the seasoned flour, shaking off excess. In a skillet heat 2 Tbsp. butter and the remaining 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil over high heat. Add in the fish and saute/fry till browned, about 3 min on each side.
- Reheat the sauce. Place fish fillets on 4 plates, spoon warm sauce over and sprinkle with chervil.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 345g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 432||65%|
|Total Fat 48.95g||61%|
|Saturated Fat 9.84g||39%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.22g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|