Cost per serving $1.19 view details
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used gluten-free flour for the two types of flour)
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped and melted
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High for 1 minute. Stir well, then continue microwaving in 30-second increments on High until two-thirds of the chocolate has melted, stirring well after each heating. Remove the bowl and continue stirring until all the chocolate has melted.
- Cool for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Position rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 350Â° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until foamy, about 1 minute. Beat in granulated sugar in a slow, steady stream. Scrape down the sides, then beat in brown sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until smooth, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Stir in the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until just incorporated. Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake the cookies until flat yet springy, with slightly cracked tops, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Let the pan cool for a few minutes before baking another batch; replace parchment paper if torn or scorched.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 222g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 99||14%|
|Total Fat 11.81g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 6.92g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 145.67g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||16%|