Pudding cakes are an interesting combination of cake with the flavor of puddings. They are also easy to make and serve when some unexpected guests drop in for dinner and you don't have the time to prepare elaborate dishes. Here is a delicious banana pudding cake recipe that you can prepare at home using a store-bought or homemade cake mix.
- Items needed:
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (homemade recipe given below)
- 1 packet of pudding mix (we prefer banana flavored, but you can use any kind you like)
- 3/4 cup of peeled and mashed bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water (at room temperature)
- Glassy glaze for banana pudding cake
- Items needed:
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- For homemade cake mix you will need:
- 7 1/2 cups of sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 4 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of cold butter
- - Preheat the oven to 350F.
- - Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan or a 9-inch cake pan.
- - In a large bowl, mix the yellow cake mix and pudding mix thoroughly.
- - Break the eggs in the mix and beat at a high speed using an electric beater for 4 minutes.
- - Add the mashed bananas, vegetable oil and water to the mix and beat at a low speed for 3 minutes until well mixed.
- - Pour the prepared batter in the greased pan and gently rotate the pan to remove the bubbles from the cake batter.
- - Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes at 350F.
- - Remove from the oven and let the pudding cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- - Invert on a wire rack and let the cake cool completely before using glaze or frosting over it.
- Preparation: Glassy glaze for banana pudding cake
- - In a bowl, mix the milk, vanilla extract and confectioner's sugar. Mix well to get a dropping consistency.
- - Drizzle the glaze on the pudding cake in a zigzag fashion and decorate with chopped walnuts.
- - Cool before serving.
- Preparation: For homemade cake mix
- - Cut the butter in small cubes and add 2 1/2 cups of flour to it.
- - Use a food processor to blend the butter and flour until you get a fine blend.
- - Mix the rest of the flour, sugar and baking powder in a separate bowl and add the butter-flour mix to it.
- - Mix well and divide the mix in 3 equal parts. Store in a glass airtight jar for future use. This cake mix can be stored for 3 months in the freezer.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 886g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 661||21%|
|Total Fat 75.34g||94%|
|Saturated Fat 27.87g||111%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 570.26g||152%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.2g||31%|