Cost per serving $0.44 view details
- The Ingredients:
- Light brown sugar, 2 cups
- All-purpose flour, 1 and 3 quarters of a measuring cup
- Cocoa powder, 3 quarters of a cup
- Baking powder, 1 and a half teaspoons
- Plain or iodized table salt, 1 teaspoon
- Medium sized eggs, 2 pieces
- Fresh or whole cow's milk, 1 cup
- Palm or canola vegetable oil, half a cup
- Room temperature butter, half a stick
- Vanilla flavor extract, 2 teaspoons
- Now let's try some easy breezy egg-white icing. You will need the following ingredients:
- 4 egg whites, make sure that not one iota of egg yolk is caught in the gleam.
- 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar powder
- 1 cup of powdered confectioner's sugar
- 1 very dry ceramic mixing bowl
- 1 portable hand mixer
- The Method:
- - Set the oven temperature to 350Â°F.
- - Prepare a 9-inch round baking pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- - In a mixing bowl, carefully sieve together the following: sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt, in mixing bowl.
- - Liquefy the dry mixture by adding the eggs, one at a time.
- - Stir well after each egg is added.
- - Add the milk slowly, then the oil and vanilla, and mix until smooth and everything is blended thoroughly.
- - Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed for about 1 to 2 minutes. Do not mix or beat too much as it might cause a lot of bubbles in the batter; these tend to make your cake too airy which you don't want to happen.
- - Once this is achieved, pour the mixture into the round cake pan.
- - Bake for approximately 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake springs back upon being lightly pressed.
- - Cool the chocolate cake until it becomes easy to remove from the pan.
- - Place on a wire rack and cool completely.
- - In the dry mixing bowl, make sure that you do not incorporate water while pouring the egg whites.
- - Add all at once the cream of tartar.
- - Beat the egg whites at very high speed while adding the sugar, 1 teaspoonful at a time. This process should take about 5 to 7 minutes to complete. At the end of that period, you should have peaks of creamy, sweet, white icing.
- - Proceed to spread with a knife over the cooled chocolate cake.
- Voila! Faith prevailed.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 185g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 38||8%|
|Total Fat 4.22g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.16g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 112.98g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|