Cost per serving $0.64 view details
- Puff Pastry:
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (No Substitutes)
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- Whipped Cream Filling:
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream, Cold
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Tsp. Cream of Tartar (Spice)
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Using wooden spoon, add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto greased/parchment covered baking sheets. Combine milk and egg yolk; brush over puffs. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each for steam to escape; cool.
- In a large ice cold metal bowl, beat cream with ice cold metal beaters until it begins to thicken. Add sugar, vanilla and cream of tartar; beat until stiff. Split cream puffs; discard soft dough from inside. Fill the cream puffs just before serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.
- TIP #1: I believe this recipe was designed for a Convection Oven, adjust cooking time to the following if using a regular oven. If using a regular oven increase cooking time to 50 - 60 minutes. At the end leave in turned off oven for additional 15 minutes. Do Not Open Oven! Otherwise the center of puff will be doughy.
- TIP #2: I added the Cream of Tartar to stabilize the whipped cream. This way you can prepare this several hours before serving to keep cream from melting.
- TIP #3: I place a metal bowl and beaters in the freezer for several hours to overnight to "chill." This will assist in keeping the heavy cream cold and produce a fast fluffy whip topping.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 101g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 183||68%|
|Total Fat 20.72g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 12.21g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.19g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|