Wheat free all vegan butterscotch chip corn meal muffins (for Austin with love :) Recipe
I warn you now in my Italian mothers house things were done when they taste right look right and smell right! It didn't go by timer! A cup can be a good handful and a tsp an approximate pinch! But I used measuring cups for this lol
- 2 cups of cornmeal
- 1 cup of brown rice flour
- 200ml of vanilla soy milk
- 1 small banana
- 2-3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 6 tsp of baking powder
- about half a pack of butter scotch chips 250 g bag
- water (about 1 cup)
- Blender together your banana and vanilla soy milk smooth, but not frothy. You are going to use about 3/4 cup of that.
- Mix everything together in a bowl in order. Add the water last adding a bit at a time. It is all about consistancy.
- Place into papered muffin pans.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 min. This can vary depending on your oven. I didn't find they brown. We took them out when the chips were starting to melt but not gone completely.
- Enjoy! Found these were best the day of. Not bad the day after alittle dry but the kids didn't seem to mind at all!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 54g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 8||5%|
|Total Fat 0.96g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.29g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.43g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|