Cost per serving $1.20 view details
- 8 lasagne noodles
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 c. low fat ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. shredded part skim Mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles and broccoli separately according to the package directions; drain well, set aside.
- For sauce, cut up canned tomatoes. In a large saucepan, stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, celery, onion, green pepper, basil, bay leaves and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce is thick, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl stir together egg, Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in broccoli.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 13"x9"x2" baking dish. Top with half of the noodles, half of the broccoli mixture and half of the remaining sauce. Repeat layers, ending with the sauce.
- Bake, uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with Mozzarella. Bake 5 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 217g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 84||45%|
|Total Fat 9.43g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.35g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.57g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|