This guilt free "guilty pleasure" is a vegan delight...loaded with oatmeal and apples and flavored with cinnamon and brown sugar.
Your guests will have a hard time saying "no thanks" to this delightful dessert treat!
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 Tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. of quick cook oats
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 3 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of ground allspice
- Ener"G" egg replacer equivalent to 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. of Smart Balance
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of vanilla rice milk
- 1 1/2 lbs. of apples
- Baking spray
- Combine 1 tablespoon of quick cook oats, the brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of flour in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream the Smart Balance and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl until thoroughly mixed and fluffy. Add in the egg replacer and vanilla and beat for about 3 minutes.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of flour with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and stir in the baking soda and baking powder. Stir in the egg replacer mixture and the rice milk and mix just until blended. Set aside about 1 cup of the diced apples and fold the remaining apples and 1/2 cup of oats into the batter. Lightly spray an 11 X 7 inch baking dish with baking spray. Using a spatula, turn the batter into the baking dish and evenly distribute it across the dish.
- Scatter the reserved apples on top and sprinkle with brown sugar and oat mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Test with a toothpick stuck in the center to judge when the cake is done - it should come out clean.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 143g|
|Recipe makes 9 servings|
|Calories from Fat 38||14%|
|Total Fat 4.27g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.18g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 56.87g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|