Cost per serving $0.69 view details
- 1 lb small new potatoes scrubbed and halved
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x garlic clove pressed or possibly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice or possibly rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dry rosemary crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly grnd black pepper
- 8 ounce canned artichokes quartered or possibly 1 jar marinated artichokes liquid removed and rinsed
- 1/2 c. diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 c. minced scallions
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cool water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 min, or possibly till just fork tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute or possibly just till the garlic sizzles. Remove from the heat and stir in the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice or possibly rice vinegar, mustard, rosemary, salt and black pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and add in to the skillet. Toss or possibly stir well to coat the potatoes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add in the artichokes, red peppers and scallions. Mix well. Store leftovers, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.
- Note: To speed preparation time, buy the peppers and scallions already minced in the salad bar section of your supermarket.
- Jones (Rodale)"
- Yield: 4 c.
- NOTES : This is made without mayonnaise or possibly Large eggs and can be kept without refrigeration for several hrs. The potato salad includes artichokes and red peppers. Serve it with cool cuts or possibly sliced turkey breast on a salad plate, garnished with tomato. Leftover salad keeps well, tightly covered, in the refrigerator. Add in it to other salads as well as to soups and stews. Can be heated and served as a warm side dish.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 93g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 17||24%|
|Total Fat 1.94g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.28g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.52g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|