Succotash - No Limas Recipe
Do you like the thought of succotash but have a hard time with the limas? Some people do. I personally love limas but I think this update really works. And it's delicious too!
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. evoo or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium-size plum tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. Earth Balance
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. chopped, fresh basil
- Sea Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Using a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil
and add in the onion. SautÃ© the onion for about 3 minutes
or until tender. Add peppers and corn, and allow to simmer
for about 5 more minutes or until tender.
Stir in vegetable stock, and bring to a boil over medium-high
heat; then reduce heat to low. Stir in edamame, diced tomato,
lemon juice and basil; cook for 3 more minutes. Stir in Earth
Balance until melted. Remove from heat, and stir in mint and sea
salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Note: For an added flavor burst reduce the green and red pepper
by half and add in 1/2 cup of dried cranberries when you add the
How good does this recipe look to you?