I dont get to make these often! I end up using my peppers in almost everything I make, never leaving enough for this recipie, but I LOVE this dish!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Cost per serving $1.40 view details
- 11 ounces ground beef
- 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 green bell peppers
- 1-1/4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 2.Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown beef, drain grease.
- 3.Cut and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward.
- 4.In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- 5.Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 310g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 126||45%|
|Total Fat 13.96g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.65g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|