Here is a tasty banana bread recipe that will cater to most diet-conscious but sweet-toothed people, old and young ones alike. It's painstakingly easy and there is an added bonus afterwards, your health and happiness! Try now this Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe.
- What you'll need:
- Gluten-free all-purpose flour - 2 cups
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Medium sized eggs - 4 pcs
- Ripe cardaba bananas - 4-5 medium pcs, mashed
- Brown sugar - 1 cup
- Unsweetened applesauce - 1/2 cup
- Canola or palm cooking oil - 1/3 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped cashew nuts - 1/2 cup
- Frosting ingredients:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound (3 1/2 cups) sifted confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk or light cream
- - Pre-heat your oven to 350Â°F.
- - Lightly brush 2 loaf pans with melted butter.
- - Sprinkle each pan with 2 to 3 pinches of flour and tap them around so the flour is well distributed. Set these aside.
- - In a large metal mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt.
- - In a smaller ceramic mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for half a minute, and then add the remaining ingredients: bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla extract.
- - Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix for about 1 minute until your batter is well-blended.
- - Evenly distribute into the 2 loaf pans.
- - Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes or until they are a nice light golden brown and the cake springs back once it is lightly touched.
- - Remove the pans from the oven and cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- - Gently run a sharp kitchen knife around the edges of each loaf pan and carefully invert the cakes onto cooling wire racks.
- - Let them cool completely.
- - Try some frosting for a more sumptuous treat.
- Directions for the Frosting
- - Cream the butter, salt, and vanilla, beating with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- - Gradually add the confectioner's sugar, a spoon at a time, beating after each addition.
- - Add the 3 tablespoons of milk or light cream and keep beating until smooth. Beat in more milk until the desired spreading consistency is reached and the frosting is easy to spread. This makes about 2 1/3 cups of frosting; enough to frost the tops of the two banana bread loaves.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 264g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 241||28%|
|Total Fat 27.68g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 12.75g||51%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 151.3g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|