This recipe is full of amazing flavor components and can stand alone even at a dinner party! lots of cilantro and hints of fish and oyster sauces help to bring the effect full circle. Grilling this chicken really sends it over the top. I came up with a pasta to go with this chicken and together it's pure bliss, but feel free to mix and match as desired. My sister Bonnie phoned in a batch to take with her family camping, reheating over an open fire and that to me speaks volumes. She commented that she was having 5 star fare while 'roughing' it in the wilderness!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!
- 2 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. cilantro leaves, rough chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- olive oil for drizzling
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and pat chicken dry. With sharp knife, make each breast into 3 cutlets, about 1/4 inch thick, give or take.
- In a food processor combine remaining ingredients and drizzle in olive oil and season to taste. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Apply paste to chicken and rub all over.
- Place in large resealable bag and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- When ready, reheat grill or grillpan to medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add chicken. grill until juices run clear and no longer pink, about 3 minutes per side. Let rest several minutes before slicing.
- To serve, cut chicken on bias and nestle atop pasta or serve family style. Drizzle with olive if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 135g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 14||10%|
|Total Fat 1.56g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.41g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 1.42g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|