I came up with this simple yet sumptuous spin on a common as well as abundant vegetable, with the notion that there is life after zucchini bread! I hope yellow squash can gain more fans and that this recipe will turn the YUCKS into YUMMZ! Enjoy!!
- 1 pie crust for 9 inch pie
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
- 1 container ricotta cheese (15oz)
- 2 tsp. good quality vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups shredded yellow squash-no seeds
- zest and juice of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Press pie crust into 9 inch baking dish (preferably glass and style edges as desired. Be sure to poke holes in crust with a fork to prevent buckling.
- In a food processor or with a mixer, combine eggs, milk, cheese, vanilla, salt, zest and lemon juice until well blended- about 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together wet mix and squash thoroughly and pour pie mixture into pie shell. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let pie cool and chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Serve as is or with whipped cream and/or seasonal berries.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 135g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 151||37%|
|Total Fat 16.96g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 8.27g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 54.5g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|