Cost per recipe $18.86 view details
- 16 x Fresh zucchini, (courgette) flowers
- 3/4 c. Flour
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- Â Â Salt to taste
- 1/4 c. Lowfat milk
- 6 ounce Mozzarella, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Liquid removed capers
- 1 x Oven-dry tomato minced
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh basil
- Â Â Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Gently pull the stamen out of each zucchini flower. Set the flowers aside.
- Beat the flour, Large eggs, and salt together in a bowl till they are smooth.
- Beat in the lowfat milk. Set the batter aside.
- Mix the mozzarella, capers, tomato and basil together and fill the inside of each zucchini flower with some of this mix. Fold the ends of the petals over the filling to enclose it.
- Heat the oil to a depth of 2 inches in a heavy saucepan or possibly a wok.
- Dip the stuffed flowers into the batter, allowing any excess to run off.
- Fry the flowers till they turn light gold, 6 to 8 min. Drain them on absorbent paper as they are done. Sprinkle them lightly with salt and serve them while they are hot.
- Yield: 4 servings
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3479g|
|Calories from Fat 526||33%|
|Total Fat 59.82g||75%|
|Saturated Fat 28.74g||115%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 180.56g||48%|
|Dietary Fiber 36.2g||121%|