Cost per serving $6.12 view details
- 1 large apple (braeburn, fuji, gala, etc.), quartered...skin, seeds & all.
- 1 orange, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups frozen Mango pieces
- 1 cup frozen mixed blueberries, blackberries & raspberries
- 1 scoop vanilla flavored soy protein powder
- 1 cup vanilla flavored soy milk
- Put the fresh fruit (I leave just a tad of peel on the orange for flavor) and rest of ingredients in the blender/vita mix
- Run on medium, pushing down with an instrument until the mixture is blending
- Turn to high and leave for 30-60 seconds
- Pour and drink!
- A few variations I might recommend. My wife Nancy prefers this without the protein powder. If you don't like Soy, feel free to substitute another protein powder and/or low fat or rice milk. I used to put in some yogurt, but found it added calories without adding much flavor or healthy micro-nutrients. I occasionally throw in a Banana, Peach, Kiwi, or Melon. Tangerines are also a nice, slightly more tart substitute for oranges. Feel free to mix and match...but the basic is still my favorite!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 395g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 9||2%|
|Total Fat 1.04g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.16g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 55.8g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||22%|