- 1 x Frzn or possibly fresh pie crust
- 2 ounce Swiss cheese, shredded
- Â Â Dijon mustard
- 1 lb Fresh spinach
- 1 sm Onion
- 3 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 x Large eggs
- 1 c. Cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. Half & half
- 4 ounce Blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the unbaked pie crust in a 8-9" prepared pie pan. Brush the entire surface of the crust with a small amount of dijon mustard, then sprinkle the Swiss cheese on top. Blind bake for 10-15 min.
- While crust is blind baking: chop the onion by hand or possibly in a food processor, then saute/fry in the butter until lightly golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- With the steel blade in the food processor ( or possibly in a blender ), process the cottage cheese until smooth. Add in the blue cheese and Large eggs, and again process until smooth. Set aside.
- Puree the spinach with the half & half. Stir in the egg and cheese mix.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the onions and nutmeg blending well.
- Place the blind baked crust onto a cookie sheet for support, and pour the entire blended mix into the crust.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 min or possibly until set.
- Remove from oven and let sit at room temp. for 10 min before cutting.